Electrical & Civil Maintenance
- Major expansion of buildings at Balapur campus involving addition of space to existing Centre for Carbon Materials, Centre for Nano-materials, Technical Information Centre and New Entrance Gate Complex. 80% area is for seating & conference rooms and rest 20% is for scientific labs. The built up area is 2632 sq. m. Some of the key features include usage of latest materials & design techniques for lightweight structures and contemporary look, and application of green building concepts.
- Established 268 sqmts area dust reduced room (room with control of particulate contamination class 100000 (ISO 8)) at Ceramic lab & CLPM lab
- Civil infrastructure was constructed at various Centres of Excellence as per projects to meet changing end-user programs requirements
- Total area of 8000 sq. meter infrastructure was developed from 2013-2019
- Eleven new buildings constructions was completed during the period
- Rebuilt internal structure of canteen building and modernized the electrical & civil amenities.
- Director’s chamber and adjoining directorate office has been refurbished for better space utilization with an aesthetics look.
- Total area of 29000 sq.mts of building area are maintained
- Maintaining 554 tons different kinds of Air Conditions systems.
- The group is working on setting up a 500Kwp Roof Top Solar Power Plant on the roof of Nano Centre, Sol-Gel and CEC buildings. Installation of 100kw poly crystalline-based solar module on the Sol-Gel building roof top is completed and Power generation is in progress.
- Zero based sensor units were installed in all the existing AC units to operate at minimum temperature of 240C as per Govt. of India GO.
- Power quality studies is carried out for all the equipment - Viz, CVD, PVD, Furnaces, and Vacuum Furnace.
- Established Electro Luminance test facility for Quality test control of the Solar module. The modules are tested before installation. This test eliminate the manufacturing, transport & handling damages at cell level before placing the modules on the structure for power generation.
- M/s Dustur & company was appointed as prime consultant for modernization of electrical substation both control & protection
- Air Condition test Jig/ Rig to measure the power consumption of individual AC unit to assess the performance of AC unit.
Provide uninterrupted power and water supplies for operation of the following critical equipment:
- GAS AUTOMIZATION
- HOT Isostatic Press. *
- High Temp. furnace CVD*
Following are ARCI’s utility units consumed during financial year 2018-19
- 1. Power from electricity board: 2048.7 MVAH
- 2. Diesel engine generated uninterrupted power: 56.805 MWH
- 3. HSD oil consumed for power generation: 26.173kltrs
- 4. Portable water: 52856 Kilo Liters