Awards & Honours
- Narendra Chundi (SRF) under guidance of Dr. S.Sakthivel (Team leader, Sci-F) secured best
poster award at 10th Bengaluru India Nano conference held from Dec 5 – 7, 2018
- Ms. Reshma K. Dileep, SRF (working under Dr. V. Ganapathy) got the best poster award (Hole conductor free low-temperature curable carbon cathode PSC) at National conference on Emerging Materials for Sustainable Future 2018, held at PSG Tech, Coimbatore
- Dr. Sreekanth Mandati received the Best Presentation Award (Oral) sponsored by ACS Publications at iSAEST-12 organized by SAEST and CECRI at Chennai during 8-10 January, 2019 on the paper "CIGS thin films solar cells on flexible substrates by pulse electrodeposition".
- 8th May 2019 Dr. Shanmugasundaram Sakthivel, Scientist F & Team Leader of centre for Solar Energy Materials, ARCI has been selected as a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge, UK .
- 23rd March 2019
Dr. Shanmugasundaram Sakthivel, Scientist F & Team Leader of centre for Solar Energy Materials, ARCI has been selected for Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award for his outstanding research performance from Marquis Who's Who, Berkeley, US
- Dr. R. Gopalan received ‘National Award for Excellence in Science and Technology (2017)’ from India Society of Analytical Scientists on February 08, 2018.
- Ms. Reshma Dileep (Dr. V. Ganapathy), received the ‘Best Poster Presentation’ Award for the poster presentation on “Hole Conductor and Metal Cathode-Free Stable Perovskite Solar Cells” at the ‘National Conference on Emerging Materials for Sustainable Future’ held at PSG Tech, Coimbatore on February 09, 2018.
- Ms. Shaik Mubina (Dr. B.P. Saha) received the ‘Best Paper Award’ for the paper presentation on "Effect of Processing Parameters on the Properties of Silicon Carbide and its Composites used for Harsh Environments" at the ‘International Conference on Engineering Materials, Metallurgy & Manufacturing’ held at Chennai during February 15-16, 2018
- Mr.K. Nanaji (Dr.S.Anandan)won the ‘Best Poster Award’ for the poster presentation on “Graphene Sheets like Nanoporous Carbon Derived from Agricultural Bio-Waste (Jute Stick) as Electrode Material for High Performing Super Capacitors” at the ‘Workshop on Battery Technologies & Electric Mobility’ held at Bengaluru during March 08-09, 2018.
- Mr. Sriram K (Dr. N. Rajalakshmi) received the ‘Best Presentation Award’ for the poster presentation on “Enhanced Corrosion Resistance of Pt-Modified Polyaniline coated on 316L SS as Metallic Bipolar Plates for PEM Fuel Cell Application” at the ‘International Conference on 5th edition of CORSYM (International Corrosion Prevention Symposium for Research Scholars)’ held at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras, Chennai, during March 23-24, 2018.
- Ms. R. Yogapriya (Dr.R Subasri), received the ‘Best Paper Award’ for paper presentation on “Investigations on the Durability of Spray Deposited Super Hydrophobic Coatings on Stainless Steel AISI 304” at the ‘National Conference on VLSI Design, Communication and Nano Technologies (VDCNT18)’ held at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore during March 23-24, 2018.
- Dr. R. Gopalan received Best Citizen of India Award from International Publishing House.
- Dr. Sanjay Bhardwaj was elected as the “Honorary secretary Indian institute of chemical engineers- Hyderabad regional Centre (IIChE-HRC) and Co-Chairman of Industrial Visit Committee, IIChe-HRC for the year 2017-18.
- Mr. T. Ramesh, Senior Research Fellow from Centre for Fuel Cell Technology, won the IAAM Best Oral Presentation Award for his research presentation entitled ‘Hierarchically porous carbon derived from agricultural resource for high power super capacitor application’ in the International conference on Materials Science & Technology on 3rd March 2017 at VBRI, Saidabad, Allahabad, India. 23rd -24th March 2018
- Mr. K. Sriram, Junior Research Fellow from Centre for Fuel Cell Technology, has conferred with the Best Presentation award for his poster on ‘Enhanced Corrosion resistance of Pt modified polyaniline coated on SS316 as metallic bipolar plates for PEMFC application’ at 5th edition of CORSYM (International Corrosion Prevention Symposium for Research Scholars) during 23rd -24th March 2018 Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM), Chennai, India.
- Dr. R. Gopalan, Associate Director, ARCI has been elected as a Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineering -INAE in recognition of his distinguished contributions to Engineering.
- "Dr. Sanjay Bhardwaj (Scientist - F , ARCI) received Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE) - ICI India Ltd. Award 2018 for Excellence in Process or Product Development. Award recognizes his significant success in developing an innovative model to translate scientific knowledge into industrial / commercial applications for wider social relevance. Award was presented by Professor G.D. Yadav, Vice Chancellor , Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai and by Professor Sarit K. Das, Director, IIT Ropar on 27th December 2018 during CHEMCON 2018 - International Conference held at NIT Jalandhar"
- Dr. R Gopalan, Associate Director-ARCI has been selected for the prestigious 2017 VASVIK Award for the outstanding contribution in the field of Materials, Metallurgical Sciences & Technology by Vividhlaxi Audyogik Samshodhan Vikas Kendra (VASVIK)
- Ms. Shaik Mubina, Senior Research Fellow (under Dr. Bhaskar Prasad Saha, Team Leader, Centre for Non-Oxide Ceramics) received 'Best Paper Award' for her oral talk on "Effect of powder processing parameters on the properties of Silicon Carbide & its composites used for harsh environments" at International Conference on Engineering Materials, Metallurgy & Manufacturing (ICEMMM-2018) held during 15-16 February-2018 at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai.
- Dr. R Gopalan, Associate Director-ARCI received the ISAS National Award for Excellence in Science and Technology 2017 presented by Indian Society of Analytical Scientists on February 08, 2018 during the Indian Analytical Science Congress 2018 organized by Indian Society of Analytical Scientists at Kumarakom, Kerala for his outstanding contributions in the field of Materials Science & Engineering.